The Dems have managed a sneaky play to steal funding from the Border wall with Mexico and Immigration Enforcement, giving it instead to Migration and Refugee Assistance.
The massive, bloated monstrosity they’re calling The Consolidated Appropriations Act 2021 is the unholy, mutated spawn of a gutted $900 Billion “COVID19 relief” package (far smaller than those proposed by President Trump’s administration and Republicans’ “CARES Act) and the Democrat’s every social-justice, wealth redistributive fever dream.
This abomination came only after the Democrats voted against all efforts from the Trump Administration and Republicans in Congress FORTY TIMES since April.
The Dems Steal:
RedState Talk Radio’s The MG Show tweeted this little gem today. On page 725 of the 5,593 pages of deceit under “Rescissions of Funds” you’ll find this:
“Of the funds appropriated to the Department of Homeland Security, the following funds are here by rescinded from the following accounts and programs in the specified amounts:
(1) $27,036,000 from Public Law 115–141 under the heading ‘‘U.S. Customs and Border Protection—Procurement, Construction, and Improvements’’.
(2) $15,000,000 from the unobligated balances available in the ‘‘U.S. Customs and Border Protection—Border Security, Fencing, Infrastructure, and Technology’’ account (70 × 0533).
(3) $6,000,000 from the unobligated balances available in the ‘‘U.S. Customs and Border Protection—Construction and Facility Improvements’’ account (70 × 0532).
(4) $3,098,000 from the unobligated balances available in the ‘‘U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement—Construction’’ account (70 × 0545).
(5) $658,000 from the unobligated balances available in the ‘‘U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement—Automation Modernization’’ account (70× 0543).
(6) $1,718,108 from the unobligated balances available in the ‘‘Coast Guard—Alteration of Bridges’’ account (070 × 0614).
(7) $8,200,000 from Public Law 116–6 under the heading ‘‘U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services—Procurement, Construction, and Improvements’’.
Page 733 The bill cut off funding to the border wall and slashed funds to the border patrol. pic.twitter.com/k5uN3ZKXq5
— MG Show (@intheMatrixxx) December 22, 2020
The Dems Switch
This one we located ourselves here at Patriot United News through painstaking examination of the foul mass of policy garbage. Nestled on page 1,297 beneath the heading of “MIGRATION AND REFUGEE ASSISTANCE” ( Remember George Soros’ Caravans?)
“For necessary expenses not otherwise provided for, to enable the Secretary of State to carry out the provisions of section 2(a) and (b) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962 (22 U.S.C. 2601), and other activities to meet refugee and migration needs; salaries and expenses of personnel and dependents as authorized by the Foreign Service Act of 1980 (22 U.S.C. 3901 et seq.);allowances as authorized by sections 5921 through 5925 of title 5, United States Code; purchase and hire of passenger motor vehicles; and services as authorized by section 3109 of title 5, United States Code, $3,432,000,000, to remain available until expended“
That’s a whopping $61,710,108 of funding rescinded from US Customs and Border Protection, The US Coast Guard and US Citizenship & Immigration Services, and $3.43 Billion given for Migration and Refugee Assistance. Now we see why Congress only had 6 hours to look at this bill, less for some due to “printer issues”. They wouldn’t want anyone debating this would they? No, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi made sure of that.